The NMC’s requirement of NursesIELTS Medical
Why a 7.0 in Academic IELTS?
Anyone who would like to work in the UK as a nurse is required to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). In order to be accepted onto the register, aspiring nurses must meet the requirements and there are currently different requirements for nurses who have trained in the UK and nurses who have trained outside the EEA.
Sufficient knowledge of English
In order to demonstrate a sufficient level of English, part of the only route to registration for overseas qualified nurses is the Academic IELTS. The scores required are:
- A minimum of 7.0 (of a possible 9.0) in the listening section.
- A minimum of 7.0 (of a possible 9.0) in the reading section.
- A minimum of 7.0 (of a possible 9.0) in the speaking section.
- A minimum of 7.0 (of a possible 9.0) in the writing section.
- An overall average of 7.0 (of a possible 9.0).
To have our team at your side on your route to qualification, call 0203 637 6722.